lunes, 4 de abril de 2016

Interview: Peter Holmstrom (The Dandy Warhols)



1 -How was your life before TDW?
That was 20 years ago,  I didn't know anything, I had just finished
collage and was working at a coffee shop.

2 - TDW played in many countries , in which country you did not play? In
which country would you like to play ?
There are still a lot of countries we haven't played.  Brazil, Japan,
South Africa, Russia to name a few.  We'd all like to play in those
countries, and any others that will have us!
 

 3 - Always saw you as one of those guitar players who love vintage guitars , but .... how is your relationship with the new technology? (Computers,digital music recording etc)
My love for vintage guitars came from when we started as a band.  New
instruments were crap and in a lot of case more expensive than
used/vintage.  I'm all for whatever works for recording and playing music.
 I play a number of new guitars, amps, pedals, and record with mostly new
recording gear.

4 - How is your life at home ? What kind of things do you do ? (Hobbies,playing with other bands)
Home is pretty quiet.  I like it that way.  I always have a least one side
project going though.  At the moment, I'm working on the next P.I.A.
record.

5 -In which cities you like most to play?
Mexico City, Paris (anywhere in France), London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires.

6 - What are the differences between your fans in South America and the ones in the U.S.?
Fans in South America are louder, dance more/better and seem to be having
more fun.  All of which makes us play better!

7- How many guitars do you use per show?
Anywhere from 3 to 8.  Depending on the set list.

8- I saw that you have two identical SG Gibson guitars, What year are they from?
They are almost identical.  My main SG is from 1971 and is a Deluxe.  The
other is a Standard from 1972.
Peter With the Gibson SG


9- What are your plans for TDW in 2014?
Well...I hope we have a new record out and that we are touring it.  And
hopefully we can bring the 13 Tales show to Europe, Australia and South
America.

 

10-If you could pick a band or a guitar player to play with for one nighty,  who will that be?
10-Primal Scream or Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Nota realizada por: Ariel Fernandez
Fotos: Facebook de la banda
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.